A four-hour awareness course designed for individuals with frequent (daily or weekly) exposure to fall hazards. Participants gain knowledge and skills necessary to identify and avoid hazards associated with elevated work locations. The course features a series of presentations, demonstrations and hands-on exercises.
- Overview of Fall Protection
- The Need for Fall Protection
- Hazard Recognition, Evaluation and Control
- Fall Prevention vs. Protection
- Basic Principles of Fall Forces (live demonstrations)
- Overview of Personal Fall Arrest Systems (PFAS)
- Selection, use and care
- Equipment inspection procedures
- Proper equipment donning
- Field application exercises with demonstrations and hands-on activities
Non-supervisory personnel with limited knowledge of fall hazards or protection procedures.CLASS SIZE
25 per sessionCOURSE MATERIALS
Reference materials, course completion certificate and wallet card as requested.