Available as an open enrollment class in Franklin, PA or at your facility.
(16-hour Course, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
This training course is designed for any supervisor or personnel who work at heights in construction or general industry. This course teaches the basics of self rescue as well as assisting a fall victim. Participants will expand their rescue skills as well as better understand the requirements of OSHA, ANSI and CSA with regard to rescue. Participants will be involved in practical hands-on work and should dress accordingly.
This course involves both multi-media presentations and hands-on workshops.PROGRAM TOPICS
- Fall Prevention & Protection Competent Person Review
- Overview of Regulations and Standards (OSHA, ANSI, NFPA)
- Harness Induced Pathology
- Fall Protection Rescue Hierarchy
- Professional Rescue
- Rescue Goals
- Stabilize the situation
- Stabilize subject’s medical condition
- Primary survey
- Risk Management
- Emergency Management
- Basic Rigging/Anchoring
- Rescue Principles Back-Up Safety Systems
- Situational Awareness
- Equipment Care, Inspection, Use & Limitations
- Organizing a Response
- Rescue Techniques
Limited to 10 participantsCOURSE MATERIALS
Training manual, Rescue Field Guide, and course participation certificate after successful completion of the course.