Continuous fall protection when climbing fixed ladders
New Vi-Go™ Ladder Climbing Safety Systems provide the ultimate in safety with continuous fall protection when climbing fixed ladders. Systems are available in easy-to-install kits or as a build your own option.Vi-Go Ladder Climbing Safety Systems offer many unique advantages:
- Lower cost of ownership – Do-it-yourself kits for easy installation and inspection. No costly, annual manufacturer inspections often required by other systems.
- Option to cut cable lengths on site for greater versatility.
- Accommodate up to four (4) workers at a time – Increasing productivity.
- Select Automatic or Manual Personal Fall Arrester Cable Sleeves – Both cable sleeves are designed to follow the user along the lifeline while ascending or descending, instantly locking in the event of a fall.
- Uninterrupted fall protection – Uniquely-designed, patent-pending Vi-Go Cable Sleeve automatically bypasses intermediate cable guides, keeping both hands free for climbing; travels smoothly along cable and locks instantly in the event of a fall.
- Easy, one-hand operation for attachment/detachment from the system. No pins/chains or external parts to lose or damage.
- Automatic pass-through cable guides secure lifeline to prevent cable wear and enable the system to accommodate curves.
- Withstand harsh environments – The Vi-Go Cable Sleeve is constructed with durable, corrosion-resistant aluminum and stainless steel components.
- Attachment mechanism engineered to prevent incorrect installation, ensuring greater safety. Unit will not open if attached incorrectly.
- Cable sleeve integrated shock-absorbing element – Provides a “dual shock-absorbing system” to further reduce fall forces. Protects the system and ladder from damage.
- Accommodate 5/16-in. (8 mm) or 3/8-in. (10 mm) cable.
– Once a fall occurs, the deployed shock absorber indicates the unit must be taken out of service.
(channel will not open)
- Require manual removal/insertion of cable with intermediate guides.
- Cable guides secure lifeline to prevent cable wear.
- Manual Vi-Go Cable Sleeve follows the worker while ascending and descending.
- Cable sleeve locks instantly in the event of a fall.
- Accommodate 3/8-in. (10 mm) cable.
- Power Transmission Towers
- Wind Energy
- Telecommunications Towers
- General Industry
- Petrochemical Plants
- Drilling Platforms
- Water Tanks/Towers
- Chimney Stacks
Dual Function TensionerDual Function Tensioner
- Prevents ladder rung deformation
- Indicates when the lifeline is properly adjusted for quick, easy installation and inspection
Top Bracket Shock AbsorberTop Bracket Shock Absorber
- Absorbs energy generated in the event of a fall
- Quick-link design for trouble-free cable installation
Vi-Go System Kits with Automatic Pass-Through
Kits include a top bracket assembly with shock absorber, a bottom bracket assembly with lifeline tensioner, 3/8-in. (10 mm) galvanized steel cable lifeline, all necessary hardware, automatic pass-through intermediate cable guides (when applicable) and instruction manual.
|Vi-Go Automatic Pass-Through Cable Sleeve - Sold Separately|
|VGCS/||Automatic Pass-Through Cable Sleeve|
|VGCS-C/||Automatic Pass-Through Cable Sleeve with carabiner|
|VGCS-SC/||Automatic Pass-Through Cable Sleeve with integral swivel and carabiner|
|NOTE: The Vi-Go Automatic Pass-Through Cable Sleeve can also be used with the manual system.|
Vi-Go Ladder Climbing Safety System Kits with Manual Pass-Through
Kits include a top bracket assembly with shock absorber, a bottom bracket assembly with lifeline tensioner, 3/8-in. (10 mm) galvanized steel cable lifeline, all necessary hardware, manual pass-through intermediate cable guides and instruction manual.
|SKU||Length of System||Number of Cable Guides|
|TRS/50FT||50-ft. (15.2 m)||1|
|TRS/60FT||60-ft. (18.3 m)||1|
|TRS/70FT||70-ft. (21.3 m)||1|
|TRS/80FT||80-ft. (24.4 m)||1|
|TRS/90FT||90-ft. (27.4 m)||2|
|TRS/100FT||100-ft. (30.5 m)||2|
|TRS/110FT||110-ft. (33.5 m)||2|
|TRS/120FT||120-ft. (36.6 m)||2|
|TRS/130FT||130-ft. (39.6 m)||3|
|TRS/140FT||140-ft. (42.7 m)||3|
|Other system kits are available in 10-ft. (3.0 m) increments up to 300-ft. (91.4 m), and then 50-ft. (15.2 m) increments up to 500-ft. (152.4 m) (e.g. To place an order for a Vi-Go system kit with 250-ft. (76.2 m) length cable, the model number is TRS/250FT)|
|Vi-Go Manual Pass-Through Cable Sleeve - Sold Separately|
|TRCS/||Manual Pass-Through Cable Sleeve|
|TRCS-C/||Manual Pass-Through Cable Sleeve with carabiner|
|TRCS-SC/||Manual Pass-Through Cable Sleeve with integral swivel and carabiner|
|NOTE: The Vi-Go Manual Pass-Through Cable Sleeve can ONLY be used with the manual system or systems without cable guides.|
On a job site, exact cable lengths may vary and pre-cut cable length system kits will not meet installation requirements.
The solution is to Build Your Own System by selecting the following components:
- Top bracket assembly
- Bottom bracket assembly
- Vi-Go cable guides – continuous or manual - (Minimum one (1) required per 40-ft. [12.2 m] length)1
- Fast-Attach Fitting for 3/8-in. (10 mm) diameter galvanized steel cable
- Vi-Go cable sleeve – automatic or manual
To place an order for 22 Build Your Own Systems (100-ft. [30.5 m]) with Vi-Go continuous pass-through guides and Vi-Go automatic cable sleeves:
|TRTB/||Standard top bracket assembly||22|
|TRBB/||Standard bottom bracket assembly||22|
|VGCG/||Automatic pass-through cable guide||44/1|
|VGTWC/||Vi-Go thimble & wire rope cable termination kit for 3/8-in. (10mm) diameter cable||22|
|VGC||Spool of 3/8-in. (10 mm) galvanized cable||TBD|
|VGCS-SC/||Automatic pass-through cable sleeve||1 per worker|
|1 According to ANSI A14.3, the maximum spacing between cable guides is 40-ft. (12.2 m)|
|TRTB/||Standard 5-ft. (1.5 m) top bracket assembly, bracket tube 1.5-in. x 1.5-in. (38.1 mm x 38.1 mm)|
|TRTB-7/||7-ft. (2.1 m) top bracket assembly for added extension above platform, bracket tube 2-in. x 2-in. (50.8 mm x 50.8 mm)|
|TRTB-10/||10-ft. (3.0 m) top bracket assembly for added extension above platform, bracket tube 2-in. x 2-in. (50.8 mm x 50.8 mm)|
|TRBB/||Bottom bracket assembly|
|VGCG/||Vi-Go automatic pass-through cable guide|
|TRCG/||Vi-Go manual pass-through cable guide|
|TRS-AC1||Anchorage connector compatible with the 5-ft. (1.5 m) top bracket assembly [with 1.5-in. x 1.5-in. (38.1 mm x 38.1 mm) tube]|
|TRS-AC2||Anchorage connector compatible with the 7-ft. (2.0 m) and 10-ft. (3.0 m) top bracket assemblies [with 2-in. x 2-in. (50.8 mm x 50.8 mm) tube]|
|VGC||Spool of 3/8-in. (10 mm) galvanized cable|
|VGTWC/||Vi-Go thimble & wire rope cable termination kit for 3/8-in. (10 mm) diameter cable|
The Vi-Go product offering includes specialty system components that meet the needs of a variety of applications.
- Attaches directly to rungs of the ladder
- Lightweight alternative to longer brackets when transferring onto upper platform is not required
- Available in galvanized or stainless steel
Universal Rung ClampUniversal Rung Clamp
- Attaches to pipe of various diameters, angular steel or flat steel structures
- Available in galvanized or stainless steel